Laura Goodykoontz Bean Laura Goodykoontz Bean of Klamath Falls, Ore. passed away Dec. 31, 2020. She had a massive stroke. Laura was born in Redding, Calif. on August 21, 1961. She attended elementary and high schools in Redding as well as one year at Shasta College. Laura had two loves in life, gymnastics and teaching youngsters gymnastics. She started teaching gymnastics at the age of 13 and continued until she was 34 years old. She taught private gym lessons for several years, then she instructed young students at the Shasta County Y.M.C.A. The next 7 years she owned and ran a very successful gymnastic business with approximately 500 students. In 1995 she moved, with her husband, to Klamath Falls, where she worked for Goodwill for 10 years. Her husband, Darrell Bean, died in 2011. We will miss her laughter and cheery presence. Laura is survived by her parents Harriett and Don Goodykoontz and brother Eric Goodykoontz all of Redding, Calif.
Subscribe Today! Please read: Readers of local content on the Herald and News website – heraldandnews.com – will require a subscription beginning today. For the first few months, non-subscribers will still be able to view 10 articles for free. If you are not already a subscriber, now is a great time to join for as little as $10/month!
- Three die in head-on crash near Rocky Point
- Newspaper carrier alerts help for man who lay injured in apartment for days
- Teachers share concerns about early return to hybrid learning
- Unlicensed contractor targets locals with 'leftover asphalt' scam
- Butte Valley students stage walkout to demand return to sports
- Former OSP tech pleads guilty to stealing from evidence
- County approaches end of Phase 1a vaccinations
- Klamath County reports 6 deaths, 48 new cases of COVID-19
- Klamath Tribes complete first full COVID-19 vaccinations
- Procedural error spells serious setback for Jordan Cove