Klamath Postcard No. 176 — Upper Klamath Lake
The outlet of Upper Klamath Lake and the head of Link River are seen in this photo from the very early 1900s – before construction of Link River Dam in 1920. A few buildings along the shore of the lake facilitated the transfer of freight and passengers to steamboats and small launches. A few buildings can be seen on the west side of the lake. A little snow appears at the summits of Aspen Butte and Harriman Butte in the distance.
About this series: Klamath Postcards is a weekly H&N series in partnership with the Klamath County Museum featuring historic photos from the museum’s collection. Visit the museum’s Klamath Postcard page at klamathpostcards.org to view other post cards in this series.