Agriculture is at the core of the economies, lifestyle and culture of Klamath, Modoc and Siskiyou Counties. So is the wildlife that co-exists with our ranches and farms. This proud tradition is under threat. Sadly, the general public appears to have no idea what is happening, or how bad and …
Again, tribal rights are violated. Local government failed to protect Klamath Lake and associated Native rights. Local government fails to protect Native water rights. Klamath County land that lay fallow is now green with crops.
The Center for Disease Control continues to gravely mismanage the response to COVID. This huge organization, with over 10,000 employees and a budget exceeding $6.5 billion, continues to needlessly prolong the COVID crisis.
On behalf of Klamath Union High School, I would like to thank several local health agencies for supporting our students and staff to remain safe and healthy throughout this challenging school year.
On May 7, the Klamath County Board of Commissioners, Modoc County Board of Supervisors, and Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors held a special, joint public meeting, the first of its kind within memory of anyone in attendance.
Money. That’s what this boils down to?
In a recent letter, a few landowners in the Reeder Road area stated some “facts.” Well, they didn’t give you all the facts, so let me add to their list.
When you look at the candidates for the Klamath County School Board please consider their experience, their record, and their knowledge about what is best for our kids.
Ballot Measure 18-120 proposes increasing the transient lodging fees on tourists. Specifically, the measure advocates that “70% of the revenue (will go) to tourism related facilities and promotion with the remaining 30% of the revenue (going to) to county services (general fund).
I am supporting Laura Blair for the position of KCSD School Board member for Zone 2. She has experience in our rural education system both as a teacher and an administrator. She has worked for several superintendents and watched the way our district has had to evolve during various crises.
SSSD voters do not be misled by the United Neighbors Against Intrusion Coalition, they do not have your financial interests at heart. It appears that a number of the people behind the opposition to SSSD plan are not SSSD customers. They just don’t want recycled water irrigation to take place…
Based on recent letters to the editor, I feel that a few corrections are in order. The letter states that the district is defunding our schools, the museum, our fire and rescue, our police by purchasing property and taking it off the tax rolls. This is absolutely false. Because the district …
We are writing on behalf of the Klamath County Economic Development Association to express our organization’s support for Ballot Measure 18-120. We strive to catalyze a flourishing economic climate that positions our region to attract consistent new investment and foster enhanced placemaking.
Those against Measure 18-120 to increase the transient room tax would have you believe that it should be opposed simply because the county commissioners can’t be trusted with a "blank check."
I urge you to vote "yes" on measure 18-120; because I can't.
South Suburban customers: Do not be fooled.
I have spent a lifetime in stewardship of the precious land and water resources in the Klamath Basin and fully understand how decisions we make can impact both. South Suburban Sanitary District (SSSD) has asked the county to permit them to spread class B sewage sludge and spray class C and B…