Reserve your space now!
SATURDAY, AUG. 8th | 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Join us in the Herald and News Community Yard Sale. Buyer admission is free! Individuals and families can serve spaces for $10 or $5 if you're a Herald and News subscriber. Vendors can grab a space for $20 or $30 for two spaces.
For a complete list of rules and to sign up, visit Herald and News at 2701 Foothills Blvd. or call 541-885-4432.
Information and rulesHerald and News Community Yard Sale Information and Rules Sheet
Where is the Herald and News’ Community Yard Sale Event?
- Herald and News Parking Lot, 2701 Foothills Blvd.
- Saturday, August 8, 2015 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM — Rain or Shine!
Is there a fee to attend?
- No, admission is free.
May I bring my pet?
- No, for the safety of others no pets are allowed.
I’d like to sell some items, how much does it cost?
- $10 per space for non-subscribers
- $5 per space for subscribers
- Vendors – 1 space for $20, 2 spaces for $30
Who is considered a vendor?
- Vendors are those with a business license. This goes for both home and commercial businesses.
How big is the space?
- The spaces are the size of a standard parking spot.
Can I rent more than one space?
- Yes. If you need spaces next to each other that were not rented at the same time, please let us know at least two days before the event. We will make every effort to accommodate your request.
When can I set up?
- Set-up will be on Saturday, August 8 from 6 am – 8 am. You can drive your vehicles into the lot right next to your space in order to set up. No vehicles will be allowed inside of the Community Yard sale event on Saturday until after closing time.
Can we sell food items?
- You may only sell food items if you have registered as an official food vendor. Individuals may not sell or distribute food at their booths.
Can I bring my own food to eat during the day?
- You may bring food and non-alcoholic beverages (no glass bottles) for your personal consumption during the event.
Do you provide tables and canopies, etc.?
- No, we just provide the space for you to set up.
What restrictions do you have?
- All food vendors must follow all state and local requirements and have the appropriate licensing. Any other restrictions are based on laws, requirements placed on vendors by the companies they represent, or if something is not appropriate for a family event. You can set up your booth as you would like, keeping in mind that this is a family event and you must stay within your space(s).
Do you provide electricity?
- No, but there will be a power station available for customers to test items requiring electricity.
What if I don’t want to cart my unsold stuff back home after the event?
- We have set up an opportunity for local charities that will be on hand to collect donations after the event is over.
How long can I leave my stuff there after the sale is over? Can I get it later?
- No, all items must be removed immediately after the sale
If I change my mind, can I get a refund?
- No, we are not able to give refunds.
How soon do I need to get my reservation in?
- Booths are available until sold out. Complete the registration form at Herald and News, 2701 Foothills Blvd. or call 541-885-4432.
There is absolutely no soliciting allowed at the Herald and News Community Yard Sale Event parking areas; this includes flyers on vehicles. If you are not registered, please do not pass out any information or items.