Are you ready to join the team?
The Herald and News is looking for advertising sales consultants to help monetize our print and digital portfolio. Consultants meet with clients to help determine their needs, explain advertising benefits, negotiate prices and design advertising campaigns.
- Prospect, interview and close new accounts on an on-going basis.
- Adhere to sales deadlines.
- Develop, write and present sales proposals.
- Meet with advertisers on a regular basis to assess results of advertising.
Skills and abilities:
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Possess strong selling ability and a competitive nature.
- Excellent customer service and follow through.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Two years of experience selling in a professional environment.
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Knowledge of digital advertising opportunities, such as SEM, SEO, online display, retargeting, and social media marketing.
- Experience selling print or online advertising.
- Understanding of basic layout and advertising design.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- College degree in business, marketing or related field.